Want to join H.O.L.A? Download an application today!
Drop it off at our office located in the SCE. Here are the office details.
H. O. L. A.
The Health Oriented Latino Association was established in 1981 at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) to provide a source of encouragement and assistance to students of Latino and non-Latino origins interested in achieving a career in the health sciences.
- Teaching Red Cross certified CPR and First Aid Classes
- Conducting HOLA annual health fairs
- Participating in community health fairs
- Scheduling tours to medical, nursing, and dental schools
- Providing MCAT, DAT, and N-CLEX Review courses
- Developing volunteer programs at hospitals and medical clinics
- Attending out of state conferences on health care issues
- Interacting with health care guest speakers
- Collaborating with other support organizations like the Urban Health Program, Latin American Recruitment and Educational Services Program, Rafael Cintron Ortiz Latino Cultural Center, Hispanic Center of Excellence, and Aspira.
Check out our Facebook group at Health Oriented Latino Association (H.O.L.A.)!