ASHRAE Meeting 4/5/06 at 12:00pm
Viva Technology Days:
· 50 students per school
· paid volunteers to tutor kids
· $100 per volunteer
· Total of 19 positions open.
· 12 positions for 21st (location: Far south side)
· 5-7 positions for 28th (location: Ashland & Cermak)
· Typical school hours 9-3.
Taste of UIC:
· Next week. Wednesday 11-2pm
· Food handling presentation Monday at 4pm.
· During the Taste, at least 1 person that attended food handling
· presentation must be present at the table.
· ASHRAE will hold a table selling bratwurst sausages.
· Jaime and Nebojsa will pick up food Monday after presentation.
Architects Bowling Fundraiser, Friday 21. 7pm-12am:
· Still not sure what kind of fund raising opportunity is present
ASHRAE is trying to start a student newsletter and is looking for ideas.
Remember to sign up for professional mentor tutoring.
· Everybody sign up.
Plans for this summer:
· Keep going.
· Informal meetings and fund raising.
Get ASHRAE polo shirts to have for future events.
· Mike Chimack will contact the woman that currently supplies IAC with shirts.
Plan for next semester:
· 2 monthly general meetings per month.
· Every month we will hold 1 executive meeting for planning followed by 1 12 O'clock
general meeting, followed by 1 5pm meeting.
· Any guest presenters will be at 5pm meeting.
Meeting ended at 12:56pm.
ASHRAE Officer Meeting Agenda: October 31, 2005
· Check November Intercom
· November 8 – IL Chapter Meeting
o Elk Grove Village
· Dec 17 – Standard 90.1-2004
o Chicago - 7:30 – 4:30
· LaSalle Bank – need non-profit tax ID
· Simon is new membership committee head
· PESC meeting
o Tuesday, Nov 1 – 5:00